Friday, August 6, 2010

I love Fridays!

Because if it's a field week, then the husband should be coming home that day. And because there's a good chance we will head to Palm Springs to walk around the mall (which we love doing!). For now I'm just waiting on William to text me and say they are back on mainside and he's on his way home.
I dragged myself out of bed this morning at around 0834. I immediately fixed the bed (like I do every morning), then let Izzer out back to potty so I could feed her. Of course since I slept in, I missed the garbage truck. But I guess it's ok since the trash bin isn't full. I usually wake up at like 0700 so I beat the trash guys. Oh well, if it starts to stink too bad, I'll just avoid entering the house from the garage. I'm still finding ants, but its still kinda random. I'm not really sure what to do about it. They aren't always around, they aren't in the food in the kitchen. I am beginning to believe that they live in the walls.
So on the pregnancy front everything has been awesome! Other than having a hard time waking up in the morning and being completely ravenous for most of the day, its been great. I'm 5 weeks and 5 days along today, but I haven't had any nausea, queasiness or food aversions. Some people said they got all that around 8 weeks, but a lot of people said they had already had it by this point. I'm going to continue to believe that I'll take after my mom and not have any. On Monday I get to have my nurse intake appointment. I'm really just hoping its not the same nurse who did the Early Bird Class. She was not very therapeutic. In fact, she was down right rude at times. But this is the last so-so appointment I have to have before I can actually see the doctor or midwife. I haven't decided if I want to see a doctor or midwife. Right now I'm leaning towards midwife. But I need to know what the on call schedule is like first. I also updated the Target registry. Not sure if I've mentioned that before. But we have a Target baby registry. It might seem kinda early, but I just want to make sure that I won't forget things. This way, I usually think of something else everyday and I add it on. I'm not really sure how I would do a baby shower. I was thinking I could have a party sometime, and instead of having people bring gifts they can buy them online and have them shipped to me. Because I don't know anyone here really, I would have to fly to GA and I couldn't fly back (alone) with all that stuff. I am very excited about getting the baby's room all set up.....at some point. lol. I got William and I registered for the Daddy Boot Camp and Baby basic class before he leaves. The class is going to be in October. So I should be about 15 weeks then. I hope that it helps to give William some confidence about the baby. He seems to be unsure of how well he will do with the baby. He says that he has never really been around a baby or even held a baby before. (Don't get me wrong, he is very excited about the baby, I know he has already started to bond with the baby in his mind too) So this should be a good thing to help him see that it's not impossible. I was very lucky to have been old enough to be able to help out so much with Juli when she was born. However, I know that its been 16 years since then, so I feel a little curious about about how I will do.
But I guess its all a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment