Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day

I just wanted to take the time to thank the people who have sacrificed so much for our freedom.  My father and husband are some of them.  I try not to let the military haters get to me, cuz as my Dad always tells me, if it wasn't for the guys with weapons sitting on that wall the haters wouldn't have the freedom to act the way they do.  So whether they see that or not, I take comfort in knowing it.  Military support does not mean that you have a certain political ideation, or that you believe certain things.  The military is as diverse as America is, if not more so.  These men and women have different beliefs and backgrounds, but they have one thing in common.  Their want to serve their country.  Some will do it for the next 20 years, some will do it for 4 years, some will make the ultimate sacrifice, and others may never deploy.  But each and every one of them should be recognized and appreciated.  They knew the risk, and they thought it was worth it.  Its people like that, that make America so great.  
So thank a veteran today.  They will most likely respond in a nonchalant and simple way, like my husband does. "Just doing my job".  But it would be a sad day if we stopped recognizing the great things they do for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment