Saturday, July 24, 2010

And I'm Back!

Well, I should probably first introduce myself. My name is Christy Vasquez-Googe. I go by Christy, Jean, and CJ. I like CJ best and Jean is usually reserved for when my dad calls me. I am 26 years old, a Marine wife (newly wed!) and nursing student. We have just PCS'ed to the lovely MCAGCC Twentynine Palms (California) and are starting a new chapter in life here. Though my husband and I have been together for a few years, active duty life is still a bit new to me. William was already honorably discharged from Marine Corps when we started dating. But, after a heart wrenching year and a half long wait, he has re-enlisted. And so here we are!
I plan on using this blog for many things. Since I am also a nursing student you will occasionally see rants or blurbs about school. Also since we have a deployment coming up in our future you may also see me sharing my journey through our first deployment (with opsec in mind). Though the Marine Corps is a big part of my life, it is not the only part of my life, and I really hope to be able to relate to not just the military wives and nursing students, but to anyone. I will be mindful and respectful of my posts and hope to have the same courtesy returned to me on comments. My goal is to post on here at least once a week. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring. Thank you for following....if anyone is. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment