Monday, August 6, 2012

The Long Drive Home

I first should apologize. It has been waaaay too long since I have last posted a blog. I can blame that on my little tornado, Liam, and school work.
We have spent the summer/deployment in Georgia. This is where my parents and my in laws live. It has been a wonderful chance to see family that we usually do not see very often. And of course everyone has gotten to see Liam and play with him and even witness his first birthday. Although its bittersweet. This is all only happening because my husband is deployed and he has missed these things. It breaks my heart, because I know he is sad about missing Liam's birthday. But just as summer is coming to a close so is the deployment. And in a few weeks my mom, Liam and I will be making the long drive back to our desert home.
But first I must say good bye to my sister (and other best friend). She leaves tomorrow for college. I am so proud of her! But I am going to miss her so much! I have just loved spending so much time with her. Once again it's bittersweet. I don't want to drop her off in a town 4 hours away tomorrow, but I know that going through that puts me one step closer to homecoming with the hubby.
It's time to pack up and get ready to go. So many exciting things are in the near future.
Here's to first steps, my long drive home has already begun.

1 comment: